Monday, February 6, 2012

Strut your cuts - Week 4 cartridges





For week 4 I did two projects, using Damask Decor, Sports mania and everyday pop up card.
Naturally I can do a project with out using my copics pen and of course I love the sweat pea stamps I brought from Mandy at Scrappy Go Lucky.



For the card above I used Damak Decor only. I cut two swirls from page 56 and scollaped circle/flower shape layer 2 on page 50.




I then selected three different patterned papers and purple colours to mount the different pieces in.



I used the following copic pens to colour the sweat pea fairy; RV10, RV34, V17, BG23, BG15, BG000, BV00, BV02, BV04, BV05, BG05, B02, E00, E21, RV09, RV04, RV000, RV69, Y17, Y21 & Y000. Using mask it I stamped on a mask it sheet and then cut around the fairy so I could airbrush the background.
For the second project I did a A1 size piece of my son's football. Using textured paste, easy flow medium and purple paint I created the background to this. Unfortunately the photos hve not been able to pick up the texture background so in the photos it loses some of the wow factor.


I then tore up some cardboard so it exposed the corrugated cardboard, which I then painted a darker purple to give the piece more depth and texture. Using everyday pop up cards I cut out the flags and the word faithfull wwhich again, you guessed it I coloured with my copics. I wrote Warnbro Swans JNR faithful 2011 still no. 18. 


The rest of the cuts came from sports mania and dimensional magic or clear ascents was used on these.



This now hangs pride of place in my sons room.
Hope you enjoyed this weeks as much as I did.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment