Monday, January 16, 2012

Strut Your Cuts - Week 3

I was hoping to post more of week 2 during the week but I have been experiencing some major technical issues. Still trying to deal with them, so I do hope this makes it onto the blog ok!

Anyway for week three I only had one of the cartridges - which was Wall Decor and More. I have also been playing around a bit with doing a layout in a monotone feel. I picked greens and white to see if I could still create a layout which had depth and appeal.

After going through some younger photos of myself I came across photos of my first overseas trip - destination -  Singapore


I made my own pattern paper with this layout by using the copic airbrushing compressor and attachments along with a large size swirl. Using two different green inks I stamped the swirl. I used copic G17 (forrest green) to air brush. It is important you put the pen in the right way otherwise you will get more splattering then soft airbrushing. Always good to learn from mistakes.


I used the monogram function for the S and then the font feature for the rest of the word.  Then using the flower in page 60 of wall decode and more. I cut flowers with and without the shift and then the border feature for the smaller light green flower fine.


I also used the butterfly on page 29. All photos were mounted on green card stock and then I inked the edges with white.


I also cut the card feature twice from page 60, which are pulled out from behind photos to reveal the hidden journaling.


The final steps was to use smooch pearlised top coat on some of the flowers, then clear ascents on the title and date and then lastly I placed bling in the centres of flowers.

Hope you enjoyed my interpretation on week 3 of Strut your cuts.





3 comments: