Saturday, January 7, 2012

Week 1 - Strut your cuts for Scrappy-Go-Lucky

I was so excited about the Strut your cuts on-going project. After all how often do we buy a cartridge and it sits on the shelf gathering dust.
Well from the list for week one I only had one of the cartridges, so here is my take on week one with only using Songbird.
Below are some of the tools I used. Of course it should go without saying that the gypsy was definitely worthy its wait in gold for this double page layout.

Some of the techniques I utilised were - distressing, stamping, crunching and inking. Stamping of the swirl on the white background paper was done with a grey ink so it did not over power the over look. Plus it is a simple way to break the solid white background.

Layer 1 - Using the gypsy hide function I used the birdhouse with the number 9 in the centre (page 58), where I hide the nine and then using the frame1-s (page 61) I unlinked the portions and lengthened the height. I then selected the flowertop from page 34 in 3 different sizes, the perch from page 66 and finally the perch (fence) from page 71. I cut this out twice with two different patterns from the Bo Bunny enchanted paper range.

I then created a second layer and cut out the same bird house in a larger size as well as the perch (bird on a branch) from page 62 only once from the enchanted paper range.

Using Glimmer mist I sprayed all the flowers and then crumpled them. This is a great technique for giving a flower more character and body. As this flower had no centre I used the silent setter to put a small whole in the centre of each flower. Then using a brad I joined three of the different sizes together.

Using ribbon I tied bows which attached to the top of the bird house, then to create the hanging bird house feel I then ran the same ribbon down the page until it just sat under the top of the bird house which had been hinged from the bottom so the hidden photos and journalling could then be seen upon pulling them down or to the side as is the case for the first page. 

Hidden jounalling is great for those secret little things you want to put into a page but may not necessarily want the whole world to see.

I used the gypsy to weld the word rebel together and then used the word wings from page 71.
And there you have it, a double page layout with only using one cartridge.
Pop back in 24 hours as I will be uploading week 2.
Hope you all enjoyed this weeks round.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on becoming a DT for Mandy at Scrappy-go-Lucky. You have amazing talent and cant wait to see all the designs you come up with.
    www.shelleysland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job Lisa. I love the hidden journaling techniques!

    ReplyDelete