Thursday, January 20, 2011

Final stage

I had the best intentions on my annual leave to get more scrapbooking done. However as with many best laid plans, they do not always go according to plan. But it was great to spend some time with my family that came over from Queensland, especially after what has happened there since they returned. Certainly makes one realise never take anything for granted and appreciate what you have.
As I mentioned in the first and only stage I listed on my blog, when Mandy showed me the cricut lite cartridge "Dude" I had to get it as I have 2 wonderful boys. So knowing my eldest loves his scooters and skateboards but forever loses his tools I not only had a perfect way to wrap his gift voucher from unleashed but it also serves the purpose of his special toolbox for his scooter and skateboard tools and the odd wheel.
I first covered the box with my 2 different pieces of patterned cardstock, then using the black memento ink (which I purchased from Scrappy Go Lucky) I inked all the sides.
Using design studio I was able to use the cri-kits black gel pen to draw out the detail and then by using the shadow function I worked out the area and size required to then get the cricut to cut it out. What ever you do, do not remove the mat out of the cricut machine!!

I adherd the dude cut outs with double sided tape for the half pipe and word, but used foam dots for the dude (this gives it a bit more dimension).

Believe it or not, pink and purple are currently the in thing for those that love to scooter or skateboard. So with that in mind and the fact my sons scooter is current purple with a splash of pink my colour scheme was selected.

I used copic pens 0, 100, V000, V15, V17, RV000, RV21 and RV34. Starting with the darker colour first on the outer rim I began shading the image. What is great about copic pens is that they make blending so easy which is great for giving a flat image the illusion of depth. Make sure when using copic pens you do use the correct type of paper, as it will bleed terribly if you don't.
My son loved his personalised gift on Christmas morning so much so he did not even realise there was a gift voucher inside of it, he just wanted to see the other images on the "Dude" cartridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment